Monday, November 25, 2013

My Favorite Hummus

I combined a few hummus recipes for this creation. It’s my standby hummus, and I eat a lot of it! I particularly like this on Trader Joe’s Roasted Gorgonzola crackers, but it’s also great on fresh tomato slices. I put measurements in here, but in reality I don’t really measure anything when I make this.

1 clove garlic, chopped
1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas (15 oz.), drained
1/3 cup tahini paste
2 or 3 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes in oil
1/3 cup (approx.) roasted red peppers
Several leaves of fresh basil
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Preparation: In a food processor, combine all ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. If too thick, add 1 tablespoon water until desired consistency.


Serve immediately with hot pita bread, veggies, or pita chips. Store in an airtight container. Sun dried tomato hummus can be made up to two days in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment