Monday, November 11, 2013

Spinach Lasagna

Years ago, when I first moved to Vermont, I bought Birkenstocks and went vegetarian for a time. While I have since added meat back into my diet, I still love many of the vegetarian dishes. This one comes from my friend Susan Colm.

1 package frozen chopped spinach
1 30-oz container of ricotta cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 box lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded cheese
1 teaspoon each of garlic, oregano and basil

Cook and drain the noodles. Cook and drain the water out of the spinach. In a bowl, mix the spinach with the ricotta and the spices. Spray the bottom of a big casserole dish. Lay one layer of noodles, ricotta mixture and spaghetti sauce. Repeat until you run out of stuff. The top layer will not have ricotta—just noodles and lots of sauce, covered with lots of shredded cheese. Be careful not to use too much ricotta mixture in those layers; just cover the noodles completely with about 1/4” or so of the cheese/spinach mixture.

Bake uncovered in a preheated 375 oven for at least 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment