Ingredients1 1/2 cups all - purpose flour (or half white, half wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 ripe bananas
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted (I used 1/3 cup vegetable oil instead)
1/2 Cup sugar (I used 1/3 cup)
1 Large egg
1 tsp vanilla
Zest of 1 orange (I used 1 t grated orange peel)
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 Cup coconut flakes, plus more for topping
(I added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, orange zest, orange juice and coconut; beat until well combined.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.