Monday, November 11, 2013

Basic Chili Recipe

I don't really have a favorite chili recipe. I generally use a basic chili recipe and then add BBQ sauce for more flavor and maybe some hot sauce for more kick. You can play around with the ratio of meat to beans. You can also play around with the types of beans you use. Kidney beans are the usual for red chili, but black beans can be fun, or mix and match.

2 pounds ground beef
2 16-oz. cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 14-1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes
8-oz. can tomato sauce
2 onions, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Brown the meat. Then add all ingredients to the crockpot, cover, and cook on low for 8-10 hours.


Note: I generally add some of my favorite BBQ sauce to the ingredients in the crockpot. I never measure, but 1/3 cup or so should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment