Thursday, October 7, 2021

Suzan's Pumpkin Bread

 This comes from my friend/running buddy/hiking partner Suzan. According to her instructions, it is best served with hot, strong black coffee...which I haven't tried yet. But even without the coffee, it's yummy! The taste reminds me of gingersnaps.

Ingredients for 3 Large Loaves

4 cups raw sugar

1/4 to 1/2 cup molasses

1 cup vegetable oil

1 large (29 oz) can pumpkin 

1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1 teaspoon salt

4 teaspoons baking soda

splash of vanilla

5 cups flour (half whole wheat, half white)

chopped nuts or chocolate chips (optional)

Directions

Mix all ingredients. Bake in greased loaf tins at 350 for one hour. (May need to adjust baking time, depending on loaf size.) Also makes great muffins, although I think I like the bread better.

No comments:

Post a Comment